401K / Retirement plan, Health Insurance
$17.00 – $20.00
Ames Construction is currently seeking construction laborers in the Atlanta area.
As a construction laborer you will:
• Perform a variety of tasks involving physical labor at our projects
• Operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers,small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
• Clean and prepare sites.
• Dig trenches.
• Set braces to support the sides of excavations.
• Erect scaffolding.
• Clean up rubble and debris.
• Assist other workers.
• Be committed to work safely and to wear all of the required safety equipment.
• Report any unsafe conditions or acts to your immediate supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) is a plus.
• Additional training or certifications are helpful.
• You must have a valid driver's license. A COL with endorsements may be required for some positions.
• You must pass a pre-employment drug screen and alcohol test.
• Ability to read and understand safety and employment requirements.
• Ability to tolerate temperature extremes and changing job site conditions (rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.)
• Be dependable and consistent with regards to attendance and punctuality.
• Be organized and able to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Be able to work with others and independently on assigned tasks.
• Accurately complete a daily time card and other paperwork as
• Lift and carry 75 lbs. continuously throughout the day.
• Pull and push along with other types of jarring movements.
• Walk on uneven surfaces.
• Climb ladders, steps, scaffolds, forms and other means of access to work areas.
• Twist, stoop and bend while maintaining sure-footedness and balance.
• Spend about 80% of your time on your feet.
• Work on your knees as job tasks require.
• Work at various heights and in confined spaces without difficulty.
• Be proficient in the safe use of portable hand tools associated with
• You must be willing to work extended hours & possible nights and weekends as required.
Your pay is based on experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.