Construction Pipe Foreman
Ames Construction has a position available for a Pipe Foreman in the Denver, CO market.
Your pay is based on experience.
As Pipe Foreman you will be responsible for preparing, maintaining and the installation of piping projects. You will work closely with client representatives to ensure the quality compliance of each project. You'll also plan, assign, schedule, and supervise the work of skilled and trade helpers' subordinates on repair and installation projects.
• Must be able to follow specific directions and perform a variety of duties which may often change.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
• Valid driver’s license issued within the United States clear of multiple and/or major violations.
• Successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and motor vehicle records check; a criminal background check will also be conducted.
• In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
• Be self-motivated and ambitious.
• Be able to develop specific goals and to plan, organize and prioritize your work.
• Be able to effectively communicate, verbally and/or in writing, at all times with all individuals.
• Be proficient in reading construction plans, specifications and other contractual documents and applying them towards the successful construction of a project.
• Be proficient in scheduling project work flow with in-house construction crews and subcontractors.
• Be proficient in scheduling material deliveries.
• Laying out pipe routes, following specifications or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with supervisor.
• Cutting pipes to required lengths.
• Assisting in aligning pipes during pipeline construction.
• Aligning and positioning pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
• Checking slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
• Connecting pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
• Tapping and drilling holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices.
• Covering pipes with earth or other materials.
• Grading and leveling trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools.
• Training others in pipe-laying techniques.
• Other general labor and construction related duties as required.
• Work safely while adhering to Ames Construction Safety Program & Guidelines as well as adhering to all federal, state and local rules and regulations.
• Maintain a positive working relationship between co-workers and employees of subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and agency individuals working on an Ames Construction job site.
• Perform routine safety and quality control checks on the project and enforce compliance when required.
• Good communication skills.
• Must be able to withstand working in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
• Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
• Overtime and weekend work may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.